Senior Design Engineer
SHL Medical AG is a world-leading solution provider in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018.
The position of Senior Design Engineer is responsible to perform the tasks during product development process on design and develop new device, or platform extension product, or product care activity to ensure the product performance satisfy the user needs and product requirements. Meanwhile collecting and establishing best practices with peers from global design departments to continuously improve the methodologies and processes of design activities.
- Planning, design and execution of device design tasks, such as 3D/2D modelling, Design for Functionality/Manufacturability, performance analysis and risk-based design assessment planning etc., to fulfill the user needs and product requirements
- Deviation handling of investigation planning and corrective actions during design and design assessment activities
- Responsible to review and adapt the feedback from post-market surveillance and production issues/learnings into product design to improve and maintain the product value
- Responsible on collecting lesson learned and advanced practices/technologies from industries, then develop it further as best practice methodologies and toolkits to support design tasks
- Responsible on mentoring junior engineer on design skillset and participate peer review for other projects.
- Support in investigations of engineering/production issues and customer complaints
Required Skills and Qualification
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent in experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role for medical device
- Experience in design toolkits/methodologies, such as 3D/2D modelling, Tolerance Analysis, Simulation (FEA) Analysis, Risk Analysis tools (FEMA, FTA) and Innovation methods (ex: TRIZ)
- Experience in medical device product development process (Design Control), Product care activities and the governing QMS requirement (ISO13485, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, etc.)
- Good knowledge in plastic molding and metal forming processes to perform the task of Design for Manufacturability
- Open-minded, proactive, persistent, results- and execution-oriented, and able to work under
- pressure in changing environments
- Fluent in German and English language, written and spoken
- Team player and self-starter, able to perform with minimal supervision
- A modern working environment
- Centrally located office in Zug, very close to the train station
- Opportunity to work with multicultural and dynamic teams
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? If you possess the required experience and qualifications and want the challenge of growing with our company, then submit your resume in confidence to our Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org