Senior Simulation Engineer
SHL Medical AG is a world-leading solution provider in the design, development and manufacturing of advanced drug delivery systems with more than 5000 employees worldwide. Our customers include top pharmaceutical and biotech companies from around the globe that require innovative devices such as auto injectors or pen injectors to effectively deliver their drugs. Headquartered in Switzerland since late 2018.
The position of Senior Simulation Engineer is responsible to plan and perform the simulation tasks during product development process, root cause analysis and product care activity to get scientific evidence and confidence on how the device and process performed in different conditions. It’s also a role to have global collaboration with simulation experts from different sites to continuously build the best practices for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of simulation activities.
- Responsible for structural and flow simulation studies in medical device design and development activities for enhancing the design robustness.
- Develop CAE methods and collaborate with Design, Test and Process engineers to verify the design space.
- Perform FEA activities across Device design, Manufacturing process development and Root Cause Analysis activities.
- Author high quality technical reports and communicate with internal and external customers on the technical analysis context.
- Document and manage material and correlational study database and interface with internal materials laboratory to improve simulations to real world comparisons.
Required Skills and Qualification
- Master’s in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent in experience and education.
- Experience in FEA Pre- and Postprocessors such as Hypermesh, Femap, Patran, etc beneficial.
- Experience in FEA Solvers such as LS Dyna, Nastran, etc. beneficial.
- Expertise in static and dynamic structural analysis by hand calculation and/or FEA.
- Expertise in solid mechanics, mechanics of materials and dynamics.
- Expertise in polymeric and/or metallic materials modeling beneficial.
- Experience in polymer and/or metal strength assessment (yield, rupture, fatigue) beneficial.
- Experience in molding software such as Moldflow, Moldex3D, Sigmasoft. Additional experience in CAD and FEA simulation packages is a plus.
- Experience in Fluid Dynamics and Thermal analysis is a plus.
- A modern working environment
- Centrally located office in Zug, very close to the train station
- Opportunity to work with multicultural and dynamic teams
Interested in joining SHL Medical and in supporting us with your expertise and personality? If you possess the required experience and qualifications and want the challenge of growing with our company, then submit your resume in confidence to our Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org